Full-stack Developer (Bangalore, India)
Careers at Hasura
Hasura is a venture-backed open-source technology company with offices in San Francisco and Bangalore.
Our core project, the Hasura GraphQL engine, sits at the intersection of the GraphQL & serverless movements and empowers developers to build powerful, scalable applications easily. Since launch, the Hasura GraphQL Engine has been one of the fastest growing open-source projects in the world.
We are very excited to be at the junction of these 2 massive ecosystem trends, and we are looking for amazing people who are as excited as we are to join us on this journey!
About the role:
We are looking to recruit a full-stack engineer who’ll become an expert on building and managing apps with GraphQL Engine, and will use this expertise to support developers in the Hasura community and in Enterprises by helping them troubleshoot their issues and guide them on how to get the best out of Hasura.
You will also be expected to gradually take ownership of community content in the GraphQL Engine repo, anticipating and catering to the needs of the community with boilerplates, sample apps, tools, etc.
Some of the specific responsibilities include:
- Support developers by helping them diagnose and troubleshoot issues, and, if required, coordinate with other members of the engineering team to see these issues through to resolution within agreed time limits.
- Provide feedback from the community, and highlight commonly seen issues and points of friction in the developer experience. You will then work with the product team on incorporating the feedback into the product roadmap and documentation.
- Curate and own the roadmap for the community content in the GraphQL Engine repo. You will be expected to triage requests for new content or anticipate the need for such content in conjunction with product releases, and then deliver this content to the community.
- Showcase community content on the Hasura website, blog, social media or on 3rd party blogs.
- Develop tools and content to help improve how we support developers or organisations using GraphQL Engine.
What we are looking for:
- An understanding or working knowledge of GraphQL, Serverless, Docker/Kubernetes will be considered a major plus.
- Very good written & spoken communication skills in English. Other languages will be a plus.
- Empathy - the ability to understand and put the needs of the community first.
- Being very organized & communicating proactively.
- Any prior experience in a dev advocacy, customer success role, or experience with similar roles/responsibilities as part of personal/work projects will be a plus.
Working at Hasura:
We are a small team at the beginning of our journey to in GraphQL and serverless ecosystems. Through your work at Hasura, you will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on both Hasura as well as the larger technology community.
As a team, we take a lot of pride in our work. We obsess over the user experience, and our first priority as a company will always be to make things easier for the user. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
This role offers a lot of learning opportunities for cutting-edge technologies across the stack. You will constantly interact and learn with engineers who use them on a daily-basis and are the driving the next-generation app development experience using GraphQL and serverless.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Generous vacation policy
How to apply
If this role interests you, please send your resume to [email protected]. Please do include your portfolio, a writing sample (e.g. a blog post on implementing a developer use-case) and any other relevant links/material.