Bangalore / Remote
DevOps Engineers and Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) are responsible for keeping Hasura Cloud systems running smoothly and making sure updates can be rolled out reliably without any downtime.
Hasura Cloud is a unique GraphQL infrastructure product where we try to abstract away all the raw compute concepts from the user. A user should be able to only care about the limits they set based on the concurrent requests and latencies they can afford and the system should be able to accommodate and scale to the user requirements.
- Be on a PagerDuty rotation to respond to Hasura Cloud availability incidents and provide support for service engineers with customer incidents.
- Use your on-call time to be on the front line: respond to incidents, and take action to fulfil our SLOs. Use your dev time to address the systemic issues you’ve identified, to proactively prevent incidents from happening.
- Run our infrastructure with Terraform, Kubernetes, VMs and bare metal instances.
- Design smart monitoring that alerts on symptoms (our SLIs) rather than on causes, to make each alert meaningful and actionable.
- Document every action so your findings turn into repeatable actions–and then into automation.
- Improve the deployment process to make it as boring as possible.
- Design, build and maintain core infrastructure pieces that allow Hasura Cloud scaling to support thousands of concurrent requests from our users.
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Expand Hasura Cloud to support multiple Cloud providers.
- Plan the growth of Hasura Cloud's infrastructure.
- Think about systems - edge cases, failure modes, behaviors, specific implementations.
- Know your way around Linux and the Unix Shell.
- Know what is the use of declarative infrastructure tools like Terraform.
- Have strong programming skills (Go/Python).
- Have an urge to collaborate and communicate asynchronously.
- Have an urge to document all the things so you don't need to learn the same thing twice.
- Have an urge to build automation and tooling so that you never have to do the same work twice.
- Have an enthusiastic, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken, you can't help but fix it.
- Have an urge for delivering quickly and iterating fast.
- Have experience with Nginx, Openresty, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, or similar technologies.
- Have experience with various Cloud providers like AWS, GCP, Azure, DO etc., their systems, products and APIs.
- Have experience with monitoring tools like Datadog/Prometheus/Grafana.
- Have experience with Hasura and its GraphQL APIs.
- Have strong fundamentals in SQL, particularly with PostgreSQL.
- Have experience with database management and scaling.
This job will be in Bangalore, or remote.
At Hasura, we help developers build modern apps and APIs faster. Through your work at Hasura, you will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on both Hasura as well as the larger developer ecosystem.
As a team, we take a lot of pride in our work. We obsess over the developer experience, and our first priority as a company will always be to make things easier for our users.
We offer competitive salaries, have a generous vacation policy and provide health insurance for everyone employed with Hasura.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
We’d love to hear from you. Even if you don’t fulfil 100% of the above requirements, or are unsure about whether this would be the right fit, please do reach out to us with your questions! You can write to us at [email protected]
with your resume and any other relevant information that you’d like to share.
Hasura is a venture-backed open-source technology company with offices in San Francisco and Bangalore. Hasura makes your data instantly accessible over a real-time GraphQL API, so you can build and ship modern apps and APIs faster. Hasura connects to your databases, REST servers, GraphQL servers and third party APIs (eg: Stripe, Salesforce) and provides a unified API across all your data sources.