Technical Support Engineer
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers, helping them run GraphQL engine in production. You'll be required to take ownership of reported customer issues, actively communicate with clients with regular updates, and see them through to resolution. With the help of the engineering team, you will diagnose and troubleshoot software and infrastructure problems.
We understand that this will initially be a junior technical role but you’ll be encouraged and formally supported to enhance your technical skills across the stack. This role is a great opportunity to become an expert on various technologies and understand how they’re being used in different kinds of organizations.
We’d love to hear from you if you have a degree in computer science and/or have some experience building and deploying applications - professionally, in college or as a hobby. We are looking for someone who aspires to be a top-notch full-stack engineer, and can leverage the mentorship and support on offer in this role to grow into one. You will also be required to be flexible with your work-hours while supporting clients across multiple time-zones (especially in the US timezones).
- Hands-on experience with cloud environments like Google Cloud, AWS, Heroku, etc.
- Having an actively running user-facing app.
- Excellent communication skills.
- If you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with technical issues and are able to explain technical details simply.
- Acknowledge each issue within 30 mins.
- Assess or confirm the issue’s severity.
- Based on the severity of the issue, either help customers resolve the issue with clear, written instructions or escalate the issue to the engineering team.
- Proactively communicate the status of the issue to the client.
- Track issues through to completion and escalate any delays in resolution.You may need to prioritize and manage several open issues.
- Optimise the technical support function to resolve customer issues more efficiently.
- Work on other programming and knowledge-hub/documentation projects as required.
We would prefer you to be located and work out of our office in Bangalore, India.
Working at Hasura:
We are a small team at the beginning of our journey to shape the GraphQL and serverless ecosystems. Through your work at Hasura, you will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on both Hasura as well as the larger technology community.
As a team, we take a lot of pride in our work. We obsess over the developer experience, and our first priority as a company will always be to make things easier for our users.
We offer competitive salaries, have a generous vacation policy and provide health insurance for everyone employed with Hasura.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
We’d love to hear from you. Even if you don’t fulfil 100% of the above requirements, or are unsure about whether this would be the right fit, please do reach out to us with your questions! You can write to us at [email protected] with your resume and any other relevant information that you’d like to share.
Hasura is a venture-backed open-source technology company with offices in San Francisco and Bangalore. Our core project, the Hasura GraphQL engine, provides instant realtime GraphQL APIs and eventing on databases, so that teams can build scalable applications with GraphQL and serverless easily.