Community Manager (Bangalore, India)
Careers at Hasura
Hasura is a venture-backed open-source technology company with offices in San Francisco and Bangalore.
Our core project, the Hasura GraphQL engine, sits at the intersection of the GraphQL & serverless movements and empowers developers to build powerful, scalable applications easily. Since launch, the Hasura GraphQL Engine has been one of the fastest growing open-source projects in the world.
We are very excited to be at the junction of these 2 massive ecosystem trends that will have a profound impact on development workflows going forward, and we are looking for amazing people who are as excited as we are to join us on this journey!
About the role:
We are looking to recruit a full-time Community Manager based out of the Bangalore office. This role will be responsible for helping our users and community become successful, showcasing their success in the best possible manner, and providing input to the product team on the product roadmap based on user feedback.
Some of the specific responsibilities include:
- Manage and support the Hasura open-source community across all the Hasura open-source products, primarily via the Hasura Github and Discord.
- Conceptualising and executing new community initiatives to further grow and encourage the community. Examples include setting up pair programming sessions with Hasura Engineers for those who are new to open-source, setting up regular community check-in calls, etc.
- Own all communication to the community (newsletter, Discord, Github, Intercom, email).
- Showcase successful users on the Hasura website, blog, social media or on 3rd party blogs.
- Working with the engineering team to support the community via Intercom and Discord, and on related online communities on discord, slack, Gitter, Stack Overflow, Spectrum, etc.
- Providing user feedback as input to the product managers to help them come up with the short-term and medium-term product roadmaps.
What we are looking for:
- Experience with application development and understanding or working knowledge of GraphQL & Serverless.
- Very good written & spoken communication skills in English. Other languages will be a plus.
- Experience working in open source communities.
- Empathy - the ability to put the needs of the community over everything else.
- Being very organized & communicating proactively.
- Any prior experience in a dev advocacy, community manager or customer success role, or experience with similar roles/responsibilities as part of personal/work projects will be a plus.
Working at Hasura:
We are a small team at the beginning of our journey to shape the GraphQL and serverless ecosystems. Through your work at Hasura, you will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on both Hasura as well as the larger technology community.
As a team, we take a lot of pride in our work. We obsess over the user experience, and our first priority as a company will always be to make things easier for the user.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
Perks we offer include:
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance will be covered
- Generous vacation policy
How to apply
If this role interests you, please send your resume to [email protected].