Last Updated on 27th Nov, 2019
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES, DO NOT REQUEST, ACCESS, INSTALL, DOWNLOAD, REGISTER WITH, OR USE THE PLATFORM, THE SERVICES, OR THE ENGINE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS AND USE THE PLATFORM, THE SERVICES, OR THE ENGINE.
When you use the Hasura Services (as defined below), we will collect information in accordance this Policy. “Hasura Services” mean:
- The Platform, Engine and Services which help you to set up and build software and web based applications through the use of a layer of computing infrastructure owned and licensed to you by Hasura.
- The Hasura website which describes the Hasura Platform, Engine and Services, allows you to sign up for or download the Hasura Platform, Engine and Services, and gives you information on other activities that we organize or participate in, such as events, conferences, newsletters, MOOC’s etc.
- All other products and services provided by Hasura, including any support services.
3. Information that we collect
- Information that we need you to provide to enable you to sign up for Hasura Services.
- Account Information: When you sign up for an Hasura account (“User Account”), we require certain personal information such as your, e-mail address, Git Hub Id or Google Id for the purpose of user registration, identification and account verification.
- Information we automatically collect from Your use of the Hasura Services. When you use the Hasura Services, we automatically collect information, including personal information, about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the effective performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with applicable laws and to provide and improve the functionalities relating to the Services.
- IP and Geo-location Data: When you use certain features of the Hasura Services, we may collect your IP address and infer other information from it like your location, your Internet Service Provider (ISP), the type of your connection, and, if the connection is registered to a business, the name of the organization.
- Service Usage Data: We may collect information about your interactions with the Hasura Services such as the pages viewed on the website and the account dashboard, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages and other such information, content viewed on the API console, anonymized logs of interactions with the Hasura command line tool.
- Device and Browser Information: We may collect information about your devices that are used to interact with Hasura Services which includes the device's address, Operating System (OS), system architecture, certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website.
- Cookies and Tracking data: Cookies are used by us (and certain third-party services) to help identify your previous interactions and sessions on the website. Hasura may associate this information with your Hasura Account. You may decline these cookies by changing your browser settings, if permitted. However, do note that this may impact certain features of the Services offered or your experience in using the Services.
This Policy does not apply to, nor does Hasura take any responsibility for any information that is collected by any third party either using the Services or through any third-party links made available to you during your use of the Services, through any advertisements or through bots. Please note that you will be bound by the terms and privacy policies published by third-parties in respect of any information that you may provide to them by using Hasura Services. Please contact us at [email protected] if you wish to obtain a list of third-party providers who may have access to your information because of your use of Hasura Services.
4. How we use the information we collect from you
Hasura will use the information collected from you for the following purposes:
- Ensuring the services with respect to Hasura Services are presented in the most effective manner for your use;
- To provide you with information pertaining to products and services, marketing and promotional activities, transactional and user support and products or services that you request from us which we feel may interest you, when you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about any changes and improvements to Hasura Services; or analytical purposes, including but not limited to assessing usage data, usage patterns, and other similar activities;
- When you create a User Account, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing.
- In any other way that Hasura may describe to you at the time you provide the information.
- We use information collected from cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your user experience.
- We collect device specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers. Hasura may associate your device identifiers with your User Account.
Except as otherwise provided herein, Hasura will not disclose, publish, sell, rent, market or share with any third party your personal information without your express consent.
Please do not include or provide any personal information unless specifically requested as part of the registration or other applicable processes. If any information you have provided or uploaded violates the terms of this Policy, Hasura may be required to delete such information upon informing you of the same and revoke your access if required without incurring any liability to you.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed or posted on the Hasura website or transmitted to other users of the Hasura website or third parties. Any such information is posted or transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that Hasura cannot control the actions of other users of the websites and mobile applications with whom you may choose to share information with.
5. How your personal data can be shared or disclosed
We share your Personal Data only with your consent for the following for operating and maintaining the Services:
- To Conduct Analytics: We are always looking for ways to make our Hasura Services smarter, faster, secure, integrated, and useful to you. We use collective learnings about how people use our Hasura Services and feedback provided directly to us to troubleshoot and to identify trends, usage, activity patterns and areas for integration and improvement of the Hasura Services. We also test and analyze certain new features with some users before rolling the feature out to all users. We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other pseudonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
- For Customer Support: We use your Personal Data for our live chat functionality which is used to resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, to analyze crash information, and to repair and improve the Services.
- To Market, Promote and Drive Engagement with Hasura Services: We use your contact Personal Data (and information about how you use Hasura Services) to send promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that may be of specific interest to you, through other companies' websites and applications but only with your prior specific written consent to receive such marketing communications. We will ask you at the time of registration and/or opening an account with us if you want to receive such marketing communications. These marketing communications are aimed at driving engagement and maximizing what you get out of the Services, including information about new features, survey requests, newsletters, and events we think may be of interest to you. We also communicate with you about new product offers, promotions and contests. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications.
- For Legal Reasons: Hasura will also share information including Personal Data with individuals or entities to the extent it believes in good faith it is required to:
- ensure compliance with law/ regulations and/or pursuant to enforceable orders of government, law enforcement or regulatory authorities;
- address fraud, security or technical issues;
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Hasura, its other users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- For Effective Provision of Services: We may share your personal information to Hasura employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to provide Services to you and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
6. How we transfer your personal data
We store your Personal Data in India and Singapore. If you are in the European Union, then your Personal Data is transferred to India and Singapore though the Standard Contractual Clauses, which are available at available at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/transfer/index_en.htm, (the “Standard Contractual Clauses”). By clicking “I Accept” to the Standard Contractual Clauses during Registration, you allow Hasura to transfer your Personal Data to India and Singapore. Please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected], if you have any questions related to this Section.
7. How we store and protect your personal data
Hasura stores Personal Data on its servers in various countries around the world. We may store your Personal Data on a server located outside the country where you live. We store your Personal Data in India and Singapore.
The Personal Data that you provide, subject to disclosure in accordance with this Policy and license agreement, shall be maintained in a safe and secure manner. Hasura databases and information are stored on secure servers with appropriate firewalls.
Hasura uses industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures to safeguard all Personal Data, confidential and secure. We conduct periodic reviews of our security measures pertaining to our Personal Data collection, storage, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
When you enter Personal Data (such as log in credentials) in respect of your User Account (“User Information”) all communications between Hasura and the Users of Hasura Services are encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Certificates. While all reasonable efforts will be made to ensure that your User Information and all other information submitted by you is safe and secure, Hasura makes no representation, warranties or other assurances that the security measures are adequate, safe, fool proof or impenetrable.
Given the nature of internet transactions, Hasura does not take any responsibility for the transmission of information including User Information or Personal Data shared by you. Any transmission of User Information on the internet is done at your risk and shall not be responsible for the circumvention of the privacy settings or security measures either by you or any third party.
As a User of the Hasura Services, you have the responsibility to ensure data security. You should use the Services responsibly and not share your User Information including your username or password or account information with any person. Do remember that you are solely responsible for all acts done under the account registered to you.
8. Your worldwide rights
- Data Retention and Data Deletion
- Request for Deletion. Hasura shall retain Personal Data that it collects for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want to use our Services and want your User Information and/or Personal Data to be deleted, you may contact Hasura at [email protected] to request that your User Account, User Information and/or Personal Data be deleted. Your User Account and all your personal information will be deleted within a period of 15 days from the date on which you request deletion thereof, to effectively delete your Account. If you wish to avail Hasura Services once your User Account is deleted pursuant to you request, you will have to sign-up as a new User.
- Deletion on Account of Non-Use. In the event you do not use/ access the Hasura Services or your User Account in particular for a period of three years. Hasura will delete your User Account and all your User Information and Personal Data. If you wish to avail Hasura Services once your User Account is deleted pursuant to non-use, you will have to sign-up as a new User.
- Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information
- You can change, alter, modify, or delete your account information (including User Information) at any time by e-mailing us at [email protected]. However, please note that in the event you alter, or update or delete your account information, we cannot ensure the continuity or quality of the Services being provided to you.
- Hasura may permit or deny modification of any information, to the extent such information is required by it order to be compliant with and observe applicable laws. You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (which you cannot update yourself within your Hasura Account).
- Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information
Data portability is the ability to obtain some of your information in a format you can move from one service provider to another. You are entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible). You may send such a request to [email protected].
- Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Collecting Data.
Where you have provided your consent to the collecting of your Personal Data by Hasura, you may withdraw your consent at any time by sending a communication to Hasura at [email protected] specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal. However, please note that in the event you withdraw your consent, we cannot ensure the continuity or quality of the Services being provided to you.
If you wish to place a complaint with regard to privacy requirements or laws, access any of your Information or would like to update or correct any errors in your User Information, please contact our Data Protection Officer/Grievance Redressal Officer, Anand Rajkumar at [email protected] so that we can consider and respond to your request. All requests will be addressed no later than 72 hours from the date such a request is made. Please see Section 13 for details regarding “Contacting Us.”
9. Your california privacy rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 allows Users of the Platform, Engine and Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. While, we do not sell your Personal Data to third parties, some third parties may have access to your Personal Data because of your use of Hasura Services. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected].
10. Children under 13
Hasura Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
11. Accessing and correcting your personal data
You can review and change your Personal Data by logging into the Platform and visiting your Account page. You can also request us to make changes to your Personal Data by sending us an email at [email protected], if you are unable to make the change on the Account. However, we reserve the right to deny your request if we believe the change would violate any applicable law or legal requirement.
Hasura reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change or modify this Policy at any time. In the event, we modify this Policy, such modifications shall be binding on you only upon your acceptance of the modified Policy. We will inform you about the modifications via email or comparable means within 15 days of such modification. We will also post the modified version on this page. Your continued use of the Platform, Engine and the Services shall constitute your consent to such changes. Hasura may change, modify, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Platform, Engine and/or Services at any time without notice or liability.
13. Copyright Infringement/DMCA Notice
If you believe that any content on our Website, Engine, or Platform violates your copyright, and wish to have the allegedly infringing material removed, the following information in the form of a written notification (pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(c) (“DMCA Takedown Notice”) must be provided to our designated Copyright Agent. It is our policy to terminate the accounts of repeat infringers.
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material on our services that you claim is infringing and that you request us to remove;
- Sufficient information to permit us to locate such material;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or under the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the owner of the copyright that has allegedly been infringed or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Hasura's Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Takedown Notices is Anand Rajkumar, [email protected], at HASURA, INC. Attn: DMCA Notice, 3260 Hillview Ave., Palo Alto, CA – 94304. You acknowledge that for us to be authorized to take down any content, your DMCA takedown notice must comply with all the requirements of this Section. Please note that, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), any misrepresentation of material fact (falsities) in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs and attorney's fees incurred by us in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement.
14. Contacting us
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at:
Email: [email protected]
3260 Hillview Ave.,
Palo Alto, CA- 94304
If you are a resident of India and have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or our privacy practices, please write to us at the following address:
The Grievance Officer
Name: Anand Rajkumar
Email: [email protected]
3260 Hillview Ave.,
Palo Alto, CA- 94304