We are looking for an Engineering Lead for our Documentation Product who will be responsible for the engineering content and learning experience as well as strategy, scalability, and organization of our product documentation, in-product copy and supporting content such as guides, examples and videos to enhance user understanding of a concept.
You will be a part of a global team realizing a vision to build the next generation of application development platform powered by GraphQL. Hasura focuses on making data access fast, secure & scalable; so that developer teams or API consumers get immediately productive. We want to get to a world where data delivery is just another piece of infrastructure.
We are a distributed team, with offices in San Francisco & Bangalore.
As the engineering lead of our docs team, you will be responsible for the entirety of our docs product. The docs team is responsible for creating a coherent learning experience for developers, software architects and other product stakeholders who use Hasura and create content, sample code and guides that are accessible, engaging, and complete to help our users get successful.
This is a role for a product thinker - someone who will be able to empathise with our users, and build product understanding through our documentation. You will guide new product content through all stages of the product life cycle, from the identification of customer needs and product definition through development, launch, and sustainment. This role will nurture the development of a team of engineers who are passionate about writing and helping developers get successful.
This is a highly cross-functional role in which you will be working with product, engineering, customer success and the marketing team to understand the product and technical vision of the company to build the right product understanding through the documentation. You will also be listening closely to the needs of our large and growing community of developers to bridge their gaps in understanding the product via the right kind of documentation.
- 5+ years of experience working as a fullstack developer with experience working with any of the following technologies:
- GraphQL and API development
- Frontend frameworks such as React, Vue, Angular
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience using Git as a version management tool, including working with branches, creating pull requests, and resolving merge conflicts.
- Experience writing technical documentation or building courses and training material for developers
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead and develop a team of high-performing engineers & technical writers
- Experience working in an agile environment, preferably remote team members working in multiple time zones
- Significant experience working in a fast-paced, high growth company.
- Strong technical abilities. You are intimately familiar with modern software development practices used to build and deploy applications. You are capable of wading into the details but can also drive a 30k foot view.
- Experience building great user content; drives elegant, simple interactions.
- Make complicated concepts simple. Experience authoring technical content for business customers and developers, and managing teams of technical writers doing so.
- Tolerance for ambiguity, creativity in strategy and execution tactics, and always improving on the status quo.
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy. You must be not only the voice of the customer but at various times the voice of marketing, finance, engineering, support, and ops. You must be able to channel many points of view.
- Articulate the vision for our docs product across the company and execute the plans to make that vision a reality.
- Prioritize tasks while managing multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ensure our documentation is meeting the needs of our diverse user base, optimizing content and structure for this audience.
- Edit, clarify and proofread documentation written by others.
- Implement best-in-class product content development processes to increase team velocity, quality, and accountability.
- Participate in the planning of documentation projects with engineering teams and product management so that both new and advanced users can easily find information relevant to their requirements, use cases, and environments.
- Hire, develop, and retain extraordinary talent to scale product content and meet business goals.
This role is remote friendly.
At Hasura, we help developers build modern apps and APIs faster. Through your work at Hasura, you will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on both Hasura as well as the larger developer ecosystem.
As a team, we take a lot of pride in our work. We obsess over the developer experience, and our first priority as a company will always be to make things easier for our users.
We offer competitive salaries, have a generous vacation policy and provide health insurance for everyone employed with Hasura.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
We’d love to hear from you. Even if you don’t fulfil 100% of the above requirements, or are unsure about whether this would be the right fit, please do reach out to us with your questions! You can write to us at [email protected]
with your resume and any other relevant information that you’d like to share.
Hasura is a venture-backed open-source technology company with offices in San Francisco and Bangalore. Hasura makes your data instantly accessible over a real-time GraphQL API, so you can build and ship modern apps and APIs faster. Hasura connects to your databases, REST servers, GraphQL servers and third party APIs (eg: Stripe, Salesforce) and provides a unified API across all your data sources.