Senior Designer (Bangalore/San Francisco)
We are looking for a Senior Designer to produce and oversee brand, product and marketing designs for our developer & enterprise audience. In this role, you will collaborate with product & marketing teams to conceptualize and design experiences that promotes our brand through delivering high quality pieces across as domains. You will work across our developer facing products as well as other digital assets such as the website, microsites, other campaign and marketing collaterals, while ensuring a high quality as well making sure that we maintain a consistent design and brand language.
The ideal candidate will be able to make design decisions keeping the intended audience, business objectives and team requirements in mind.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Experience working on a large modern tech product or platform with significant scale.
- Comfortable with both high-level vision and detail-focused execution with potentially ambiguous and changing product requirements.
- Understand and able to work within technical constraints, business requirements and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated communication style that is concise, articulate, and capable of inspiring a team.
- A body of work that demonstrates high impact and high quality. You know what world-class design looks like and you empower your team to reach it.
- A commitment to cultivating an inclusive team culture that ensures a happy, motivated, diverse, and high-functioning design team.
- A strong growth mindset with a demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to change.
- Created or worked with design systems
- Highly detail-oriented, with a drive for perfection down to the last pixel
- Hands-on experience with image editing software, like Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, Sketch
- Proficient in design software (e.g. InDesign, Figma, Zapier)
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts and layouts
- Attention to visual details
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team
- A tendency to dream big and encourage creative risk-taking while protecting the integrity of the brand.
- Proven work experience as a Head of Design, Senior Designer, Graphic Designer or similar role
Nice to haves:
- Basic level understanding of HTML & CSS.
- Led and grown design teams.
- Worked with a developer focussed products.
- Demonstrated experience working with a design system; its creation, curation, maintenance, and dissemination.
- Oversee all design projects, from conception to delivery
- Set up & document brand and design guidelines
- Review existing design to make sure all products are consistent with the brand and design guidelines
- Design original pieces, including illustrations and infographics
- Review other design work to ensure high quality
- Refine images, fonts and layouts using graphic design software
- Apply typography techniques
- Generate ideas to portray concepts and advertise products/services
- Increase user friendliness in for all products
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our products & marketing collateral
- Liaise with marketing and product teams to get relevant input
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools
This job will be based out of our office in Bangalore or in SF.
Working at Hasura:
We are a small team at the beginning of our journey to shape the GraphQL and serverless ecosystems. Through your work at Hasura, you will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on both Hasura as well as the larger technology community.
As a team, we take a lot of pride in our work. We obsess over the developer experience, and our first priority as a company will always be to make things easier for our users.
We offer competitive salaries, have a generous vacation policy and provide health insurance for everyone employed with Hasura.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
We’d love to hear from you. Even if you don’t fulfil 100% of the above requirements, or are unsure about whether this would be the right fit, please do reach out to us with your questions! Do send us your design portfolio and your resume and email us at [email protected]
Hasura is a venture-backed open-source technology company with offices in San Francisco and Bangalore. Our core project, the Hasura GraphQL engine, provides instant realtime GraphQL APIs and event-sourcing on a database, so that teams can build scalable applications with GraphQL and serverless easily.