YugabyteDB is a 100% open source, distributed SQL database built to enable the development of scalable, resilient and geo-distributed cloud native applications. Hasura GraphQL Engine is an advanced GraphQL server that gives you instant, real-time GraphQL APIs over PostgreSQL-compliant databases. When used together, YugabyteDB and Hasura provide front-end, mobile, and edge application developers with a complete cloud native back-end and database-as-a-service (DBaaS).
What You Will Learn
In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to:
- Provision cloud native versions of YugabyteDB and Hasura
- Interconnect Hasura and YugabyteDB cloud services
- Query and modify the data located in YugabyteDB via the GraphQL API provided by Hasura
- Connect to and query Hasura GraphQL endpoint programmatically
What You Need
Almost all the sections of this tutorial are designed for and can be completed with a contemporary browser such as Chrome or Firefox. If you decide to complete the final section of the tutorial that connects to Hasura GraphQL endpoint via a Node.js application, then you need to install npm and Node.js.
- Build apps and APIs 10x faster
- Built-in authorization and caching
- 8x more performant than hand-rolled APIs