Data Modeling: Slack
In this part of the course, we will build the data model for a realtime slack clone. Our slack app will have the following basic features:
- Users can signup.
- Users can create workspaces.
- Workspaces can be managed by the owner of the workspace or the admin of the workspace.
- Users can be added to channels in the workspace they are part of.
- Users can send messages to channels in the workspace they are part of.
- Users can send messages to other users in the same workspace.
- Users can see which users are online in the workspace they are part of.
Broadly this means that we have few top level models in this app.
We will go over them in the subsequent steps.
- Build apps and APIs 10x faster
- Built-in authorization and caching
- 8x more performant than hand-rolled APIs