This course introduces using Hasura, Remix the web framework, and Firebase Auth/Hosting together.
The focus is on setting up a solid foundation that you can build on with features like code generation, authentication, and caching.
Key topics and takeaways
- Setting up a no-code backend integrating the GraphQL SpaceX API
- End to end example of authentication and CSRF protection
- Code generation for type-safe and easy to use GraphQL calls
- Progressive enhancement on the browser, only load JS when logged in for features like preloading
- Conditionally set caching headers that work with CDNs
- Deploying to GCP Cloud Run, Firebase Hosting, and Hasura Cloud
What will be building?
We are building a cargo booking service for Mars on SpaceX rockets using the excellent GraphQL SpaceX API
Try this deployed version of the app to see what we'll be building: https://remix-spacex-hasura.web.app/
Is this a Remix tutorial
No, we recommend you read the Remix docs and watch the videos on their YouTube channel. This tutorial lets you set up a solid foundation with Remix + Hasura.
What do I need to take this tutorial?
The Hasura CLI, Firebase CLI, gcloud cli, Docker, and Node 16+
- Build apps and APIs 10x faster
- Built-in authorization and caching
- 8x more performant than hand-rolled APIs