Optimistic UI updates after mutations
We can notice that there is a lag when users create a todo. We can also create UIs where the UI updates optimistically, assuming that the mutation will be successful.
Let's use optimistic updates for toggling and deleting todos.
We will learn the following concepts:
- Creating a GraphQL mutation
- Using the Mutation with $apollo.mutate
- Capturing loading/finished/error states
- Use optimistic responses
Let's get started!
- Build apps and APIs 10x faster
- Built-in authorization and caching
- 8x more performant than hand-rolled APIs