Announcing Hasura 2.0.0-beta.1
We continue our progress towards 2.0 stability with today’s release of 2.0.0-beta1.
What is a ‘beta’?
Let us explain what a
beta means to the humans at Hasura.
At its simplest, when a release achieves
beta it means:
- The code is feature frozen and no more features will be added (unless absolutely necessary)
- All breaking changes are incorporated, documented in prior release notes (or addressed), and there will not be more surprises to come
- The code is in a state to undergo final performance & security review
This does not, by any means, mean that the value of our community is limited to alpha stages. In fact, now is the perfect time to test the beta releases and give us your feedback as we move towards the 2.0 stable release.
A Summary of Releases
As mentioned in recent release posts, we have historically announced our releases via Discord and updates to the GitHub release page. As adoption continues to increase, we believe this is insufficient for the future.
To that end, we will begin to blog for each release so that you can track releases via blog, twitter (@HasuraHQ), Discord, and the Github Release page. In these posts, we will highlight a few specific elements of each release, but the exhaustive list of features and improvements is always in the changelog.
SQL Server Features
This release includes numerous fixes and capabilities for SQL Server. These include:
- Fixing a regression with SQL Server execution (#6976)
- Adding create table functionality for SQL Server to the Hasura Console
- Adding drop table capability for SQL Server to the Hasura Console
In addition, you can now rename data sources in the Console. These are, of course, just the highlights. All other fixes are included in the changelog.
Please use the docker target
hasura/graphql-engine:v2.0.0-beta.1, try it out, let us know what works and what needs improvement. You can find us on Twitter (@HasuraHQ) and in Github. For ad-hoc conversation, feel free to join us on the Hasura Community Discord.
And, if you want to get started now with the latest stable release, check out the deployment simplicity of Hasura Cloud.
If you want to begin your upgrade journey with 2.0, and want to learn a bit more about how Hasura is being used in the enterprise, do feel free to contact us to set up a call with our solutions team.
For previous release announcements in the 2.x series, please review: