Anyone who's built an API knows that most of the time spent creating it is centered around writing access control rules to meet security and compliance requirements. Hasura v3 is a powerful tool that allows you to build a production-ready, compliant GraphQL API in minutes, not weeks.
Hasura was created to help developers build APIs faster. It's a powerful tool that allows you to build a production-ready GraphQL API. Hasura v3 is the latest version of Hasura and is a complete rewrite of the Hasura architecture. It's faster, more powerful, and more flexible than ever before.
What will I learn?
This tutorial is designed to give you a complete overview of Hasura v3 and its capabilities. By the end of this tutorial, you will have a working Hasura v3 project deployed to Hasura DDN, our global and near-instant data delivery network.
You'll learn how to:
- Create a new Hasura project.
- Author a single, declarative metadata file that defines your entire API.
- Connect a data source using Hasura's data connectors.
- Configure fine-grained access control rules for your API.
- Deploy a development build of your API to Hasura DDN.
- Test your API using the Hasura Console.
- Deploy a production build of your API to Hasura DDN.
What will we be building?
We'll build an e-commerce API that allows users to manage their orders and notifications. The API will be backed by a PostgreSQL database and will be deployed to Hasura DDN.
What do I need to take this tutorial?
We'll go into more detail in the next section, but you'll need:
- The new Hasura CLI
- The Hasura VS Code extension (optional, but recommended)
- A PostgreSQL database (either hosted or local)
How long will this tutorial take?
Less than 30 mins.
We'll link to the docs throughout this tutorial, but if you feel like opening them up in a new tab, here they are.
- Build apps and APIs 10x faster
- Built-in authorization and caching
- 8x more performant than hand-rolled APIs