Azure SQL Database limitations
Some of the database and T-SQL limitations in Azure SQL are:
- No Windows authentication on Azure SQL.
- No Extended stored procedures and table partitioning.
- No support for database mirroring and failover clustering.
- No point-in-time restore as in SSMS.
- Does not support Common Language Runtime (CLR) like views, stored procedures, triggers, and user-defined functions.
FILESTREAMoptions are not available in the
ALTER LOGINsupports limited features.
- T-SQL syntax for server-level permissions such as
- Database diagrams are not available.
- System stored procedure sp_helpuser not available.
- T-SQL debugging.
USEstatement to change database. Create a new connection to that database instead.
Refer the T-SQL differences between SQL Server and Azure SQL Database for a complete reference.
Did you find this page helpful?
Start with GraphQL on Hasura for Free
- Build apps and APIs 10x faster
- Built-in authorization and caching
- 8x more performant than hand-rolled APIs