Build powerful applications with GraphQL & Postgres
Powerful queries out-of-the-box
Insert single or multiple objects. Make upsert operations on conflict to simplify app logic.
Update objects based on a condition. Update to Increment/multiply directly.
Remove old product tags & insert new tags
Fetch first 5 brands with top 10 products for each
Realtime with subscriptions & live-queries
Convert any GraphQL query to a live query by using subscriptions.
1) Setup a GraphQL subscription
2) As Postgres data changes...
|Orders (postgres table)|
3) The UI is updated
|Order XX-57 (mobile/web UI)|
Dynamic access control that integrates with your auth
- Create field-level allow & deny rules with dynamic variables.
- Create role-based schemas.
- Integrate with an existing auth system.
Todo app with Auth0
GraphQL using GitLab’s Auth
Restrict access in production to only pre-approved queries
Create a list of safe queries in an allow-list and configure Hasura to restrict access to only the queries in this list.
Merge Remote GraphQL schemas
- Use remote schemas for custom business logic, delegating to HTTP APIs, etc.
- Seamlessly merge remote schemas behind a single GraphQL API.
- Supports GraphQL servers written in any language/framework, deployed anywhere.
- Boilerplates available for popular languages and serverless platforms.
Trigger webhooks on database events
- Invoke asynchronous business logic; Use with serverless.
- Build reactive UX with GraphQL subscriptions & live-queries.
- Powered by native Postgres triggers for reliable capture & delivery of database events.
- Available with live-demo apps, tutorials & boilerplates for serverless functions.
Add to an existing, live postgres database
Add Hasura to any existing postgres database as-is and expose select tables & views over GraphQL.
We took Gitlab CE (a complex rails + postgres application), hosted it on DigitalOcean and added GraphQL to it in just a few minutes. Check out the demo on the left!
Admin UI & Rails inspired schema migrations
As you use the UI to build and manipulate your GraphQL and database schema, Hasura automatically spits out migrations files that you can put in version control.
Query Performance Analysis
- Identify and fix performance bottlenecks in the console.
- Use Explain Analyze to add Db indexes.
- Reducing latency on millions of rows from 20 secs → less than 1 sec.